Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank you

Just wanted to thank those of you who have decided to follow our blog. I know right now it doesn't look like we'll be able to achieve this goal. One thing I've learned since I started couponing is that when there is a good sale you stock up. There have been several times (sometimes weeks at a time--when there really aren't any good deals to be found), therefore, I try to stock up on items that I know we will use when they are on sale. Example: Now we are stocked on Peanut butter for the year, pads for at least a year, veggies and boxed potatoes for at least 2 1/2 months (till the next deal), toilet paper for at least 2 1/2 months (till the next deal). You'll start to notice that sometimes I seem like a shop-a-holic and then I'll do nothing for a few weeks or even a month. Hope this blog is helping you guys as much as its helping us. God bless.

5 comments:

  1. You are doing very well! Some months it may be nuts, but other months may be blah. Have fun and may your stores be filled with blinkies, tearpads, hangtags, great deals and friendly staff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set up a weekly budget for food and quickly discovered the same thing. At first I had a sense of failure but then I decided that it was just as important to stock up at good prices (sometimes almost free) than to meet that arbitrary weekly budget. For now at least, I don't HAVE to keep my spending below that threshold. I'm going to re-try this beginning in March and see if I can do it. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy & Kim for your moral support. YEAH ---to blinkies, tearpads, etc...; LOL!!!! The weekly budget doesn' work for me either, so I'm really liking the yearly one;except for looking at it going down so quickly this soon--is kind of nerve racking; however, if it is God's will for us to succeed then I know we will. Thanks again and God bless you both. Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog...love it!! We have a lot in common: frugality, coupon crazy, homeschooling, and most importantly, the Lord!!

    Want to encourage you to keep up the good work. I realize it's not so much that we succeed...but the only real failure is when we quit.
    I have only been "coupon queening" since July. The savings have been amazing.
    Would like to know about Save-A-Lot. I live in a small town in Ohio and we are getting one next month.
    Would love to hear back from you!!
    Julie @ KingdomKlipper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work! You will find that you will buy less and less as your stockpile gets built. Even if you don't make your budget for the year (not trying to be Debbie Downer)you will still have saved some money over what you used to spend, right? And isn't that the main point of your challenge? You WILL succeed.

    ReplyDelete