Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Here we go!!!!

Starting Jan. 1, 2009 I will keep posting all of our shopping trips. Each post will include a picture of the items purchased, a scan of my receipt, and the balance left on our budget. The only amount subtracted from our budget will be actual out of pocket money (gift cards, RR's, ECB's, etc. will be taken off like coupons -- since they were FREE!) The only money that will be added to our budget amount will be from rebates; from items that I purchased during 2009.


I thought I was a great shopper before I started couponing. Now, I am a coupon addict. This will be a challenge since we are going from an annual budget of $5200 ($100 a week) for our family of 7, 3 dogs, 2 cats and 2 fish. The 2009 budget of $1400 ($26.92 a week) = a potential savings of $3800 or $73.07 a week.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your link on HCW and want to wish you good luck with your adventure! I started couponing in September and I agree, it's addictive. I'm embarrassed about how much I used to spend on things!

    Blessings and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think about all the ECB's I used to throw into the trash EEEEGGGGAAAAADDDDSSSS!!! God bless you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete